Pages

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Little Ways to Change Your Lifestyle

It feels like it's been ages since I blogged so before I carry on, I want to say thank you for all the lovely emails Imreceived regarding my Take Back What's Yours post which you can read here.
I decided on writing this post as my New Years Resolution is to get fit and I know this is the case for many people. So I've come up with a little list of small ways to change your lifestyle - for the better!

Food
Okay...so I love food!! But who doesn't??? I've recently been trying to come up with healthier snacks to eat as I know I eat too much junk! I don't want to make a drastic change so here's what I've been eating (and drinking) ....
❤️Lemon in Water
This is extremely refreshing and best when in lukewarm water. The amount of health benefits this has is unbelievable and it has really made my skin glow!
❤️Grapes
I've recently taken a liking to grapes and I've been having them A LOT! The main times I've been having them is when I come home from Dance and I'm hungry. Instead of having a biscuit, I have a bowl of grapes and I feel so much better!
❤️Yoghurt
I have never before really liked yoghurt but recently I tried the Yeo Valley Mango and Vanilla Yoghurt. It is delicious!! I mainly have it with strawberries and I chop up a banana as well.
❤️Jelly
Okay so this isn't really fruit or anything but after dinner I've been having one of these instead of a chocolate mousse/Cadburys dessert. This may not make a difference but I feel as if I've done something good!!

Exercise
Just admit it. No one likes going to the gym. At all. This is why I came up with a new list of ways to exercise without going to the gym...
❤️Blogilates
If you read my 'New Year, New Me' post then you'll know what Blogilates is. I won't go on just go check it out!!
❤️Walks
Whether it's around your neighbourhood or in the woods, a brisk walk is great exercise! I love going for long walks in the woods with my family and just walking round the block with my mum after school! I may even tell my dad I'll walk to school so he doesn't have to drive...maybe when it's warmer!
❤️Just Dance
This may seem weird but in the summer, I completed a Just Sweat Seven Day Challenge on Just Dance 3 and it was very tiring yet it made me feel great! I got Just Dance 2015 for Christmas and with the great selection of songs, I will be dancing in no time!!
❤️Hula Hooping
This is best done with a weighted hula hoop and it really hurts your sides at first - my mum got terrible bruises!! However it is all worth it as it whittles your waist and strengthens your core! I do it in front of the TV or with my headphones in playing a game and you forget you're hula hooping! If you want something quick and easy to try then I would definitely recommend this!

That's my list of small ways to change your lifestyle! Hopefully it was useful and will help you become fitter in the year to come!!

As you know, I recently set up my Pinterest which you can find here. I am currently making a board of fitness inspiration, ideas and outfits so check it out!!

Emily xx















4 comments:

  1. Lovely post Emily! I would love if you checked my blog out and gave a follow :) Keep in touch
    Kaci x
    kacistevens.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Looked at your blog and the contents so interesting!!xx
      Emily x
      ps i followed you on twitter :) x

      Delete
  2. I think you've made some great little changes :)
    I love drinking lemon water too, it makes me feel less hungry during the day for some reason too? I'd love to get a hula hoop and give that a go!
    emmerliejay x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I get what you mean about the lemon water as well! The hula hooping is really fun though, definitely give it a go! :)
      Emily xx

      Delete