Pages

Sunday 28 December 2014

Where is your happy place?

Recently, I went to the beach. It wasn't the sunniest day of the year but I still had fun. So did my mum and dad. Everyone on the beach always looks happy being there as a family. You might think they're happy because they are there as a family. But put them in the local coffee shop together and they won't be as happy. So that makes me wonder, what is it about a place that makes it your happy place? The place you look forward to going to or the place that brings smiles and joy? My happy place is at a beach. Or in my bedroom when the only light is that of my many fairy lights reading my book with a hot chocolate. Other people say their happy place is the sun in a country like Spain but that's just when it's given a quick thought and it's a very common answer. They don't actually think deeply into the question and give a good and meaningful answer. 
In my RS (Religious Studies) lesson one week, we were asked to write somewhere we would like to visit. About half my form wrote somewhere like Tenerife or Miami and California as there is sun and sea. I wrote Paris. I was embarrassed by this answer especially when the teacher asked people what they wrote and most people said America and he said "So most people go for America instead of the boring places like Paris". Whether it's just because I'm into art and the museums and the Eiffel Tower but I just think there's something about Paris apart from it being 'the city of love'. I imagine going across Padlock Bridge and witnessing how many couples have shown their love through a padlock on that bridge. I imagine the Eiffel Tower and all the grounds around it and I imagine The Louvre, sitting there containing artwork worth millions. Imagining it makes me happy but imagining myself on a beach where the weather is extremely hot and there's so many people just really doesn't make me happy. 
So, during 2015, I'm going to try and be in my happy place more. This won't just make me happier but also those around me who can do the same thing. I've thought about my happy place and I feel all warm inside. Now it's your turn.

All the pictures below were taken in the summer of a beach in England. All pictures are my own.










Comment below your happy place.

Emily xx




1 comment: