Pages

Saturday 27 December 2014

Favourite Lip Balms

Around this time of the year in England, lips all over the country get chapped due to the cold temperature.

I used to suffer majorly from chapped lips but over the past few weeks, I have found six lip balms that really keep your lips moisturised and soft. 

I have millions of lip balm in various cupboards and bags but these six are my absolute favourite!



These first two I'm going to review are the Lush Whipstick Lip Balm and the Summer Fruit EOS Lip Balm.



The Lush Whipstick is a blend of rich butters, beeswax, honey and cocoa. The butters and beeswax moisturise your lips while the honey and oatmilk soothe cracked lips. The wheatgerm, olive and almond oils soften your lips and then the taste of dark chocolate, tangerine and vanilla kicks in and you get a lovely taste of Terry's Chocolate Orange! The EOS lip balm is amazing. I don't know how I heard of it but I'm glad I did. There was a rather large buzz about these as it was used by Miley Cyrus in her video for 'We Can't Stop'. These are packed with vitamin E, shea butter and jojoba oil. The flavour that I have is Summer Fruits and its flavours are strawberry, blueberry and peach.



The next two are Cor Balmy Adam and Eve by Barry M and Balmi in raspberry flavour.



Adam and Eve is the most pale shade as I prefer them when they aren't as noticeable on your lips. I also just love how it's called Cor Balmy because I'm just weird like that! I can't think what the smell is but to me it smells like these sweets I used to love when I was younger but I can't remember the name! The white core contains all the moisturising properties like shea butter, vitamin E and jojoba oil and the pale pink outer core is tinted and SPF15. The Balmi lip balm is a triangular lip balm and comes in a little cube tub. It smells amazing and like all the others it has shea butter, vitamin E, jojoba oil and SPF15 qualities. The only problem I've found is that with the two I have, they have both cracked in the same place from opening and closing them as you can see in the picture above.


The last two that I will review are the Rimmel Keep Calm and Kiss lip balm and the Maybelline Baby Lips Electro in the Strike a Rose shade.



The Rimmel Keep Calm and Kiss is one of five shades from the Keep Calm range. Its is slightly tinted and moisturises lips very nicely. It locks in moisture and keeps lips soft for hours. The Keep Calm range is like Rimmel's version of Baby Lips by Maybelline. This brings me onto my final lip balm. The Strike a Rose shade is a baby pink colour and lightly tints your lips depending on how much you apply. The Baby Lips Electro range follows the Baby Lips range where the shades were very normal. The Electro range contains more neon shades. Maybelline claim that they will protect and moisturise for 8 hours I think that is very true.

Price List:
Lush Whipstick: £5.75
EOS Summer Fruits: £5 - Selfridges £7 - Topshop
Cor Balmy Adam and Eve: £3.49
Balmi Raspberry: £4.99
Rimmel Keep Calm and Kiss: £2.99 - Superdrug
Baby Lips Electro: £2.99
*prices may vary depending on country and shop* 

Well, those are my favourite lip balms for the winter! I hope you enjoyed and found this useful.

Emily xx 







1 comment: